Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Weeds everywhere!

I should start by saying that not much has happened around here this week, I didn't  do much at all in the yard I think I sort of burnt myself out a bit. There was non stop activity since March and I had to talk myself into knowing its okay to just rest a bit.
But...
I started looking around and realized that the weeds are not so slowly taking over our property. So today I emptied out the front bed of all the lovely prickly nasties and the bed next to our fence along the drive, then noticed that I should do the weeds along the trees. What do you think, I think it looks messy. Husband thinks it looks 'natural'.


Here is my load of weeds. 


And heres one that got stuck in my hair, it didn't come out easily either. Now that I look at it you can hardly distinguish it from the hair, its all a mess!


On to more interesting things. One of my ladies thinks she is a rooster. Which is quite funny. She has worked up a nice rendition of a cockilldoodildoo. Which sounds like rucka rucka wooo. And then I have witnessed her mounting some of the other ladies and simulating the deed. I told my mom this and she said "I didn't know they made lesbian chickens?!", that was a laugh out loud. This is an older picture, all her tail feathers have been missing for a while, I don't know what thats all about.




The ladies grazing this evening. 




And the most eventful part of my last week. I got a hammock! I have wanted one forever, I haven't got to lounge in it yet but this weekend I will have to for sure. I have it on the deck so it's not in the sun or weather so hopefully it lasts longer. 



Yay for hammocks, have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. God looking at the picture you can hardly tell where my ratty hair stops and the weed starts!

    ReplyDelete