Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beautiful tuesday evening

After the sadness of losing one of the girls a couple weeks ago I just about fell over when I seen another one of the hens sitting still on the ground in the run. Well, its been two days and i'm not so sure whats wrong with her yet but i'm working on it. She may be having problems with her crop, which is a sack all of their food goes into before it moves on down the line. Once I figure it out completely I will update on what that is. As for the time being she is comfy in a cage on the porch until I can see if she lays an egg or what the heck ever.


Heres a doozy for you, this egg was inside of a whole other shell! When I pulled it apart it looked like it may have been 2 shells and then the whole egg. Weird.



Now for some of todays goings on, just some random pictures of the garden.

Heres a nice close up of lucy. 

Frank, the worlds worst housed cat.






Lettuce

Fresh salad, greens and eggs from the yard.


Broccoli


Mabel playing keep away.


The garden gnome watching over the plants for the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment