Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thank goodness for country veterinarians:)

Well the girl has been diagnosed and fixed. By thursday she still wasn't any better and her crop wasn't going down after me working on it for days, so I figured something else was the issue and called the vet. I took her in right away and he smeared a sample of poo and knew what it was right away, coccidia. Easily treated with a few days of Albon, which when I watched him shove it down her throat, I wasn't sure I would be able to do it. Well I did and its no big deal, it is a big pill though. I put a zip tie on her ankle so I knew which one she was, since she has 2 sisters who look identical. Today will be her last pill and she's acting just like a 'normal' chicken now so I think we are all good!

In other news we went to the Rogers Flea market on Friday with the plants and gourds. Sold a lot of plants which makes me feel better because I just dont want them to go to waste and I really dont want to have to till to plant them, but we will if we have to and then just sell the tomatoes at the farmers market. I put the rest of the plants at the end of the drive and husband put up huge signs at the end of our road. We've been doing good with that too, I think we have about 40 dollars now, which is another 40 plants to good homes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment