Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hasty alliums!

Good grief, I started these onions and leeks just thursday and they are already sprouting. All 3 kinds. 




Now I do realize that there are just a few and they are barely coming up but you do see those white bits right?! I mean, these were supposed to take at the least a week. I was very surprised.

No movement yet on anything in the bags, maybe I should have put them in the starter mix too and they could wonder sprout also. 

Heres a pic of todays eggs, a couple of the araucanas are giving us eggs again for the last week or so. I get about one a day from them. They were the first to slow down and stop when it got really cold and dark. I don't blame them, this winter feels never ending. You can't see the blue one too well but its there. I'm pretty sad about the rhode island red that died, she gave us a nice large brown egg every day. All winter long. 



Here is a picture of the eggs from late summer, this shows you the awesome range of color we get.






Blue had to get in on the action, she was mad I wasn't petting her.

No comments:

Post a Comment