Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

One step closer to spring



Today I was very productive for a change. First off I bought some sand so I could make a dust box for the girls. I mixed the sand with a little bit of peat moss and a bucket of ash from our wood burner. They have one outside in the run but its rather unusable now that its been covered with snow and the sand is like a rock.




No takers today really. I bet by tomorrow the whole place will be covered in dust. They are always leery of new stuff. I mean look at this face, does she look like a bird you are going to get something past?!


This is pearl. After The Black Pearl. I favor her for no reason other than that. I haven't named any of the others for the simple fact that I couldn't remember that many names. 


I guess that may be a lie cause I call this one Funny Girl a lot. She's got a strange look to her.



You can see the cool color on this girl here. She's being shy.



After that I spruced up their place a bit, fluffed up the shavings, cleaned up the poo, cleaned out their milk crates and added clean bedding to them. Check out this picture of one of my ee's. Today was the first day I have ever seen an egg actually come out and she wasn't shy about it at all. And now I know who lays my pretty blue eggs, even if it was a bit pointy on one end!



Then I headed to the green house to do some clean up and get the lights up for the  seedlings that will be soon to come.
I dusted all the cobwebs, washed the windows, washed down the benches and made a new spot that wasn't on the top of the bench for Franke. I can't have no dang cat knocking over precious seedlings. 


You can sort of see Franke under the bench in this one. He was a barn cat of sorts from the neighbor I think. He was tiny and not being fed so I carried him over to our house and started feeding him last fall. He has gained a bit of weight since then. And stopped biting me. 


Then I headed back to the coup to throw out some scratch before bed time. Fuzzy butts everywhere.



One last picture of the green house on the way back to the house, I love it at night in the summer with the string lights on.


Tomorrow I will post some pics of the baggie seedlings, the sage started to pop out
today and the onions and leeks are peeking out too.


No comments:

Post a Comment