Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Good Monday

The sage has sprouted some tails over the last couple of days. I'm not sure how long you are supposed to leave them in the bag though, so I will have to do some research on that tomorrow.


The red onions and the leeks are taking off also.





My other project for this year is to make birdhouse's out of gourds. I planted about 20 or so plants last year and I harvested around 200 gourds. I have done a lot of reading on how to go about making them and I can't wait to start. If all goes well I will be selling them at a local flea market and saving the cash for a vacation.

 I am going to plant more this year also. I'm not sure if they will be in the same spot on the outside of the garden fence though. I got some other squashes that I may need to plant there. I am planting some of the saver squashes so that I have some fresh vegetables to feed the chickens over the winter when we are low on goodies. I don't like them just eating their feed, I feel like since they can't free range with all the snow that they are missing out on some extra nutrients. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment